3.12.08

madge by melanie cheung






heres a little Q&A with melanie, a young canadian designer who is unbelievably talented ...
location? Montreal, QC
describe your line: my line is classic, with an edge. I like to play with juxtaposing elements; glamorous mixed with quirky, flashy mixed with understated refinement. I'm always looking to the past for inspiration, so my collections always have a bit of a vintage vibe.
favorite designers? Phillip Lim, Stella McCartney, Phoebe Philo, Luella, Marc Jacobs, and Mike and Chris (who I think are geniuses!)
favorite places to shop? Well these are my favourite places that i would shop if I had the funds:
Montreal: U & I, Lola & Emily
Toronto: Jacflash, Augustina, Delphic, Pho Pa, I Miss you Vintage
must have item for the season? Leather Jacket! Preferably one by Mike and Chris
favorite music? at the moment The Be Good Tanyas, MGMT and Lykke Li

photography: Melinda Dahl

No comments: